The Mortal Instrements

Friday, March 23, 2012

Are You Lonesome Tonight?


I just showered, I plan on brushing my hair and remove my dark cherries nail polish, but all I can think about is how lonely I feel tonight. Not just lonely but broke as well. No food. No money. No friends.

I guess I'm talking with all honesty because I know that no one actually reads my blog. I miss my boyfriend. I haven't seen him in two years... he's my best-friend.

What actually makes me much sadder is I can't go, buy a ticket and watch The Hunger Games. I've been waiting to watch it. But I'll have to wait until I have so cash in my pockets.

All I can hear and think about is a song in the Breaking Dawn movie, "Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last.

I’ve waited a hundred years.
But I’d wait a million more for you.
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do.

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch,
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush,
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough,
I would have known what I was living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Your love is my turning page,
Where only the sweetest words remain.
Every kiss is a cursive line,
Every touch is a redefining phrase.

I surrender who I’ve been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours,
Well, I would have known what I’ve been living for all along.
What I’ve been living for.

Though we’re tethered to the story we must tell,
When I saw you, well, I knew we’d tell it well.
With a whisper, we will tame the vicious seas.
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees. 


Especially these two lines:
I surrender who I’ve been for who you are,
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart.


Though I guess I should be hearing Elvis Presley singing "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" with his beautiful voice.

One of the things I re-searched today was "Easter Island" and the strange statues there. I would love to visit that place one day and see them for myself, though I heard they moved so many of them around the world. I think that wasn't very nice. They were made there, they should have stayed where they belonged.


No comments:

Post a Comment