The Mortal Instrements

Friday, December 2, 2011

Readers: Fully Booked New Branch


One of my top favorite book shops in Amman is Readers in Cozmo shopping center; I go there at least once a week to get books.

A month ago, the workers informed me that a new branch would open in a new mall in Abdoun called Taj Mall. So I was really excited for November 30, 2011 to come so I can go and get some new releases.

Unfortunately the mall is still under construction and so is the shop.

So I looked around but I 'couldn't' buy a thing! (Q_Q)
Naturally, me being a Bookaholic and all that drove me nuts to look at books but not getting them and reading them. It was a sweet torture!

I found over 30 books I really want!




Here are some of the titles I remember but there's much more:
1- The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
2- Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
3- Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
4- The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch
5- Breaking Dawn Calender
6- Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
7- Clarity by Kim Harrington
8- The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
9- Bunheads by Sophie Flack



"The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that." 
Mccosh

10- Immortal by Gillian Shields
11- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
12- Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink
13- Nocturne by Christine Johnson
14- Illusions by Aprilynne Pike
15- Impossible by Nancy Werlin
16- Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin
17- Deadly Little Games by Laurie Faria Stolarz
18- Exile by Rebecca Lim
19- Muse by Rebecca Lim





20- Mortal Kiss by Alice Moss
21- Mist by Kathryn James
22- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
23- Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson
24- Dark Angel by Eden Maguire
25- Divergent by Veronica Roth
26- Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
27- Deviant by Adrian McKinty
28- Dead Rules by Randy Russell
29- The Calling by Kelley Armstrong


“A house without books is like a room without windows. No man has a right to bring up his children without surrounding them with books, if he has the means to buy them.”
 Horace Mann


30- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
31- The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees
32- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
33- Crave by Melissa Darnell

So until the shop opens their cashier I have to try to forget about all the great titles I saw.
Still I have the first branch in Cozmo to go to whenever I need something a bit... older (^_~)


[Friday, ‎December ‎02, ‎2011] My first purchases from Readers at Taj Mall.

1- The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch [Hardcover] 348 pages
2- Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky [Hardcover] 309 pages

3- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I: A 16-Month 2012 Wall Calendar



“Books, I found, had the power to make time stand still, retreat or fly into the future."
                                                                                                 Jim Bishop

“To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries.”
A.C. Grayling

No comments:

Post a Comment