The Mortal Instrements

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Eggs Benedict

I have to admit, I have a thing for eggs! They are yummy, easy and very manageable and could taste and look different according to one's mood.

So even a "Bookaholic" such as myself, need a break or 3 to feed herself to keep her head in books some more.

I discovered cooking newly, and I surprised myself of how much I enjoyed the process. So now I can feed two avenues, my taste for a good cooking book and my taste for good food.

Every now and then I like to share some yummy, easy recipe to my friends, usually on Facebook, but since I have my own personal blog, why not share here?!

Today I woke up with a cool head and I felt relaxed and open to try new things, I heard about Eggs Benedict before but I have never tasted it or made it. So today I decided to make it but with what I have in the kitchen. I was not in the mood to go "food shopping" or crack a book spine searching for an egg recipe.

I decided to create a dish... and it tasted like heaven "butter"!! It was so light and yummy!

First thing I did is make the extra things that will make the dish special, I fried some burgers, added Garlic mayonnaise for flavor and cut some cucumbers, I flavored them with some salt and pepper.

For the next step I boiled some water to make it ready for my eggs.
Don't be afraid if you saw the eggs looking like that, when you remove the water, and take only the part that matters it will be worth it. Only break and drop the eggs when the water is boiling so the egg will be insistently ready. I added a pinch of salt to the boiling water before adding the eggs to keep them from sticking.
Remove every egg on it's own, in the water I broke one of the surface on an egg and it was all solid rather than porch. Okay... Doesn't it look yummy?!
For a closer look... Oh I flavored it with Oregano.

                                              Bon appétit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment