The Mortal Instrements

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler

Book DescriptionMay 13, 2010 

KJ Carson lives an outdoor lover’s dream. The only daughter of a fishing and wildlife guide, KJ can hold her own on the water or in the mountains near her hometown outside Yellowstone National Park. But when she meets the shaggy-haired, intensely appealing Virgil, KJ loses all self-possession. And she’s not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that they’re assigned to work together on a school newspaper article about the famous wolves of Yellowstone. As KJ spends time with Virgil, she also spends more time getting to know a part of her world that she always took for granted . . . and she begins to see herself and her town in a whole new light.
Publisher: Viking Juvenile; 1 edition (May 13, 2010)
Publisher: Speak (12 May 2011)

My Copy:

She may be in over her head, but she's finally following her heart.

It's KJ's junior year in the small town of West End, Montana, and whether she likes it or not, thing are different. Over the summer, she turned from the blah daughter of a hunting and fishing guide into a noticeably cuter version of the outdoor loner. Normally, KJ wouldn't care less, but then she meets Virgil, whose mom is studying the controversial wolf packs in nearby Yellowstone Park. And from the moment Virgil casts a glance at her, KJ is charmed. Soon, both KJ and Virgil are spending a lot of their time watching the wolves (ans each other), and KJ begins to see herself and her town in a whole new light.  

My Review:

This book is funny funny funny! I just started and I can't put it down! I love that Katherine Jean hates math as much as I do! I reached chapter 12 and I don't find Virgil quite fetching as Katherine Jean finds him, he seems snobbish to me! I love all the new information about wolves. 
But as I go through the book, I started liking Katherine Jean less and less, she is very dull and I don't find her very bright or attractive, that made me drop a star. All I know about Virgil is that Katherine Jean thinks he is the most beautiful guy she's ever seen, and he thinks she's beautiful as well. The book turned quite dull by the end. And in anyway, I prefer Kenner and Addie the bad couples of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment