The Mortal Instrements

Monday, September 5, 2011

Gamblers Series by Lisa Kleypas

Then Came You


Book DescriptionJune 1, 1993 

Reckless and wild, beautiful Lily Lawson delights in shocking proper London society and in breaking any rule to flaunt her independence. Now she′s determined to rescue her sister from an undesirable marriage to the ruthless Alex Raiford, the arrogant Earl of Wolverton. She succeeds in rescuing her sister, but in the meantime Alex decides that Lily must be his. He has resolved to make her pay dearly for her interference -with her body, her soul...and her heart.




My Review:

I decided to edit my review after I finished reading this book, at the beginning Alex will seem like a cold jerk and Lily like a reckless woman. But after you reach chapter 7 and Alex bets on Lily everything changes!! I absolutely loved the book!! Alex is a great husband and lover, and when you understand Lily more you would certainly fall in love with her. I cried at the end when Lily found her missing 4-years-old daughter Nicole. And I'm dying to start with "Dreaming of You" because I loved Derek though he was an asshole sometimes but I think he is a great man. I just found out that Ross has his own book "Lady Sophia's Lover" so I'm looking forward to this book as well! In the end, Lisa Kleypas knows how to write memorable romances that touches the heart!

I loved when Alex says: "Yes. Yes. I want other people to look at you and know you're mine. I want you to take my name and my money. I want you to live with me. I want to be inside you...part of your thoughts...your body...all of you. I want you to trust me. I want to give you whatever elusive, impossible, goddamned mysterious thing it is you need in order to be happy. Does that frighten you? Well, it frightens the hell out of me.”

Dreaming of You


Book DescriptionMay 1, 1994


She stood at danger′s threshold--
then love beckoned her in.
In the shelter of her country cottage, Sara Feilding puts pen to paper to create dreams. But curiosity has enticed the prim, well-bred gentlewoman out of her safe haven--and into Derek Craven′s dangerous world.
A handsome, tough and tenacious Cockney, he rose from, poverty to become lord of London′s most exclusive gambling house--a struggle that has left Derek Craven fabulously wealthy, but hardened and suspicious. And now duty demands he allow Sara Fielding into his world--with her impeccable manners and her infuriating innocence. But here, in a perilous shadow-realm of ever-shifting fortunes, even a proper "mouse" can be transformed into a breathtaking enchantress--and a world-weary gambler can be shaken to his cynical core by the power of passion. . .and the promise of love.




My Review:

When I read "Then Came You", I liked Derek Craven's character and sense of humor, although sometimes he was very harsh to Lily and a cruel bastard, but I still think he has some goodness left in him, I mean anyone who was raised like him would be harsh and cruel but he cared for Lily in his own way.

I simply loved the book, of course everything changed in the middle around chapter 7 and 9, but I loved how much Derek longed for Sara. I was sad to see the gambling club fall down by fire... It seemed like an hotel sometimes, with the services and chef's food! I laughed when people insisted Mathilda is real and asked about her life!

I loved when Derek said to Sara: "I want to hold you like this until your skin melt into mine. I want you in my bed, the smell of you on my sheets, your hair spread across my pillow. I want to take your innocence. God! I want to ruin you for anyone else."

and: "Sometimes... I'm so deep inside you I can feel your womb... and I'm still not close enough. I want to share every breath... every beat of your heart. Sometimes... I want to punish you a little... For making me want you until I ache with it. For the way I wake at night just to watch you sleeping... I want you more each time I'm with you. It's a fever that never leaves me. I can't be alone without wondering where you are, when I can have you again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment